Reggie Dabbs gives a powerful speech to Wiregrass students

Reggie Dabbs Pep Rally

Reggie Dabbs, one of the most influential motivational speakers there is, came to Wiregrass Ranch High School (WRHS) on Thursday, January 12th, to talk to students about bullying in two separate assemblies during 4th period.

The PTSA planned the event, hoping it would raise awareness about bullying.  Kimberley Clark and Mari Blank are two PTSA members who found the famous speaker online and decided to bring him to Wiregrass.

Blank explains why they brought Dabbs to WRHS.

“The PTSA felt very strongly that we needed to educate our students, staff, and parents about the ongoing issue of cyber bullying and bullying,” said Blank.

The PTSA also planned for a concert with Reggie Dabbs that Thursday evening for the staff and parents of WRHS and John Long Middle School students.

Dillon Jansson, a junior at WRHS, is one of the many students who enjoyed the assembly.

“The message was very inspiring. His energy is contagious,” said Jansson.

Asia Childs, also a junior at WRHS, found hope in Dabbs’ message.

“I could relate to him. He had a powerful message about life,” explained Childs.

Dabbs has been a motivational speaker for 31 years, and explains why he started motivational speaking.

“I just figured that [with] the love I got from foster care… I [just] wanted to share with the rest of the world,” saysDabbs.

He says that with every speech he gives, he always tells himself “today is my day to give hope to them.” Dabbs hopes that at least one person is impacted by his speech.

He strives to make students leave his presentation saying, “I care again.”