So Healthy, So Clean, So 2019

Wiregrass Ranch SADD club hosts Health Fair for students.

Students+learning+at+the+Poison+Control+booth+at+the+health+fair.+

Alexis Santana

Students learning at the Poison Control booth at the health fair.

Wiregrass Ranch High School SADD club hosted their annual Healthy Fair this past Friday in the gym from 11am-1pm; this year’s theme was: So Healthy, So Clean, So 2019. Teachers and their students were able to attend the fair during 5th period by signing up in advance. The Healthy Fair is an event that promotes healthy behaviors in the students and staff of Wiregrass. This is the third year Wiregrass has hosted this event.

Southeastern Guide Dogs brought two dogs to WRHS for the health fair.

Vendors included: LA Fitness, Nutrition Smart, Poison Control, Project Pup, WRHS Medical Academy, MADD, the Health Department, the Fire and Rescue Department, WRHS Psychology Club, Baycare Behavioral Health, Positive Coaching Alliance, and Publix’s Dietician & Nutritionist.

SADD club officers planned the event to show the importance of a healthy lifestyle.

“This event is important because it shows students that they need to take care of themselves,” Senior SADD Liaison Alyse Diamond said. “Students should be taking care of not only the physical part, but the mental too.”

Students browsing the tables at the health fair.

At the event, students received a map of the vendors. Students who interacted with each vendor and listened to their presentation, earned a stamp on their map. After walking around to all of the tables, students could turn in their map, solve a riddle, and be entered to win a prize.

“I like how interactive this was. I enjoyed going around and visiting the tables and entering to win the prize,” Senior Mateo Meulemans said. “The prizes at the end of the gym were also pretty cool.”

While some students enjoyed the prizes, students also appreciated how welcoming all the stands were.

“I like how there was a place for everyone,”Junior Braeden Erdmann explained. “There were dogs, free gym passes, a dietitian, and also you could learn CPR.”

Wiregrass Ranch’s CNA program.

In total, approximately 600 students attended the Healthy Fair Friday. SADD club sponsor, Greg Finkel was happy with the event.

“I think the event went really well,” Finkel said. “The kids learned a lot and seemed to be enjoying themselves.”