Chorus sings at Epcot

Chorus+in+their+Candlelight+performance+robes.+

Chorus in their Candlelight performance robes.

Wiregrass chorus students performed in Epcot’s Candlelight Processional, performing a variety of Christmas songs with other school choirs, a 50 piece orchestra, and a celebrity narrator. This is the chorus’ 4th year in a row singing at Epcot under the leadership of choral director, Solangi Santiago.

Chorus auditioned back in September, singing excerpts of two of their songs from the actual performance and were notified in October that they were invited to return to Epcot again this year. You can see their audition submission here. In total, 54 students attended the event on December 7th, 2017.

Chorus has been preparing for this event since the beginning of the school year.

Chorus at Disney

“The students have practiced a variety of Christmas songs,” Santiago said. “They have put in a lot of hard work to make this possible.”

The students arrived at Disney on Thursday and sang at the America Gardens Theatre inside Epcot. They performed a series of 14 songs alongside guest narrator, Jodi Benson. Jodi Benson is best known as the voice of Ariel in The Little Mermaid.

Junior Tu Trinh voiced her excitement to go to Disney, even though this was her third year attending.

“I was excited to perform ‘Rejoice with Exceeding Great Joy,’ then go to Epcot later. The next day we got to go to Magic Kingdom,” Trinh explained.

Sophomore Rachel Robertson attended the event for the first time this year.

“I was in beginning chorus last year, so I didn’t get to go,” Robertson said. “My friends who were in advanced chorus last year told me how amazing it was, so I was super excited to attend this year.”

Junior Makenzie Weiss expressed her feelings on the event.

“When we perform, I kind of black out for a minute then come back, since it’s so unreal. The performance was very fun and I loved doing it,” Weiss said.

Video Credit: Daphne Schumacher