Filed under News, School, Showcase

Justin Forgas: Outstanding Senior

Justin Forgas is the 2017-2018 Wiregrass Outstanding Senior.

The Wiregrass Ranch High School Outstanding Senior for the 2017-2018 school year is Justin Forgas.

In order to qualify to be selected as the Outstanding Senior, seniors had to be nominated by their peers. The top 10 vote recipients, created resumes and the teachers voted for the overall winner.

All the Outstanding Senior nominees

All nominees gathered in the media center with their family to find out the winner of the prestigious award. Assistant Principal Christy Rankin explained that it was a very tight race, and all students should be proud of themselves for all they accomplished during their high school careers. In the end, it was Justin Forgas who earned the title of Outstanding Senior.

“I was surprised that I won. Everyone else nominated was outstanding and worthy of the title,” Forgas explained.

Despite his own surprise at winning, Forgas is more than qualified for the honor. Somehow he manages to balance a 4.59 GPA and stay actively involved on campus as the vice president of the class of 2018, as well as a member of National Honor Society, Student Voice committee, and many other clubs.

After being voted as the Outstanding Senior, Forgas attended an event thrown by the district to announce the Outstanding Senior for all of Pasco County. While he did not win for the district, he was still happy to be there.

“It was a remarkable experience, and I am very appreciative to be able to represent our school,” Forgas said.

Forgas hopes to attend UF for mechanical engineering next year to continue his education.

Justin with his family, Principal Robyn White and Assistant Principal Christy Rankin.

The Outstanding Senior award ceremony held at Wiregrass Ranch

About the Writers
Casey Moran, Co-Editor in Chief

Casey Moran is a senior at WRHS this year. This is his second year writing for The Stampede. He is the captain of the golf team, the morning announcer, the Secretary of the Class of 2019, and the president of the Spirit Club. He loves watching and making movies. He is very excited to write for the The Stampede again this year. In the future Casey would like to attend FSU and pursue a career in Law.

Mrs. Swain, Adviser

Mrs. Swain has been teaching at Wiregrass Ranch for nine years now. This is her 3rd year as the newspaper adviser. She loves going to sporting events, especially Rays and Lightning games. She also enjoys going to concerts. She has a two year old son named Nolan and is currently pregnant with her second son. She hopes to continue seeing The Stampede grow in the coming years.