Kickball Mania 2017

Kickball Mania 2017

Kickball Mania is an event that started in 2007 when the school first opened as a fundraiser for basketball. Since then, it has morphed into a battle royal the students look forward to every year.

Many student view this event as the highlight of their high school experience. Senior and Diving Dolphins team pitcher, Steven Blank has played all four years.

“My freshmen year I played with my older brother, and we had a blast. We didn’t do so good, but we kept playing every year. I still play because I love the hype around it and the fact that it brings people together,” Blank explains.

Senior and Wilderness Explorer Scouts 3rd baseman, Jordan Spana agrees that Kickball Mania is a truly fun experience.

“I play because of how fun the whole concept is; play with your friends, compete against your friends– win or lose it is a great time all around,” Spana remarked.

Senior and Bad Pitches team member, Aarynlee Fritz participated this year for the first time.

“I played this year for the fun of it and to bond with my friends. Everyone get really competitive. I wish I would’ve played every year,” Fritz said.

Today is the final day of competition. Sprayground and Habibis play at 2:15pm. The winner of that game plays Diving Dolphins at 3:00pm. The winner of that game will move on to the Championship game against the undefeated Wilderness Explorer Scouts at 3:45pm.