Chorus performs at Epcot’s Candlelight Processional

The Wiregrass Ranch High School Advanced Choir performs at the 2018 Epcot Candlelight Processional.

The WRHS Advanced Choir at Magic Kingdom.

The Wiregrass Ranch High School Advanced Choir auditioned for Epcot’s Candlelight Processional back in September and they were accepted for the 5th year in a row. They auditioned with the song “O Holy Night”. This year marks the 25th year for Epcot’s Candlelight Processional. The Candlelight Processional takes place at Epcot in the America Gardens Theatre.

Wiregrass performed with students from other schools, a 50-piece live orchestra, and a celebrity guest narrator who tells the story of Christmas. This year when the WRHS Advanced Choir performed, their celebrity guest narrator was Bart Millard. He is an American singer and songwriter. He is best known as the lead singer for the band MercyMe and one of their most well known songs is “I Can Only Imagine”.

Senior, Julia Mullin says, “Candlelight is always an amazing time. Singing with a live orchestra and over three-hundred other singers in front of thousands of people is unbelievable. We performed 15 different songs that we prepared many months for to be the best we could be.”

The seniors of the WRHS choir get ready for their last Candlelight performance.

After the performance, the students were able to explore around Epcot’s park for a few hours and then watch the firework show “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth”. For performing at Epcot’s Candlelight Processional, Disney gave each chorus member two free passes to the park, so they were able to stay the night in Orlando and explore Magic Kingdom the next day.

“It was my first time going to Disney with chorus this year and it was really amazing getting to perform with not only my own choir but with others. I got to make new friends and got to enjoy my day at Magic Kingdom the next day with some of my closest friends in the choir. It’s a day I will never forget,” Sophomore Nia Evens said.

The seniors were very excited for their last Candlelight performance. For some, it was their third Candlelight.

“As a senior in high school, I was excited for my last candlelight. It was such a great experience and I would recommend joining choir to experience that,” Senior Sarah Weiss said.

Stacy Cipollone