Incoming Freshmen welcomed in pep rally

The incoming freshmen

The incoming freshmen

Approximately 570 eight graders from John Long Middle School walked to the Wiregrass Ranch campus February 5th for a Pep Rally and tour of the school. Participants included teh

Many Wiregrass clubs and sports came together and showed a sneak peek of what high school has to offer for these incoming Freshmen. Participants included the Music Department, Hospitality Academy, Business Academy, AMP Academy, Drama, Journalism, Dance and Step Team.

“I am so excited to see my sister sing. If the chorus is really good, I want be a part of it,” eighth grader Arielle Cooper said.

During the pep rally there were performances by the different groups, informational presentations from the Academies, and speeches by the Assistant Principals at Wiregrass Ranch and Principal, Robyn White.

Color guard performing at the 8th grade pep ralley event.

After the pep rally, the Student Voice committee took the eighth graders students on a tour of the school.

“I think that this is good for the 8th graders. I really believe that this will show them what high school is like and have them think about what they would like to do,” Julia Leck, captain of the dance team, said.

Many teachers and students at Wiregrass waved to the 8th graders as they walked through the campus.

Eighth grader, Reece Oliver, is enjoyed his visit to the Wiregrass campus.

“I am so excited for next year to start ASL. I can’t wait to start my high school career here,” Oliver explained.