Boys soccer standout Senior Night

The Bulls complete their sweep of the Sunlake Seahwaks on a stellar Senior Night

The Bulls won 6-0 making them conference champions.

The Wiregrass Ranch Bulls varsity boys soccer team is the SAC East Conference Champions for the 4th year in a row. Wednesday night, the Bulls defeated the Sunlake Seahawks in a 6-0 victory. In the past four years, Wiregrass an undefeated record vs. Sunlake and last night was no exception.

This game was also Senior Night for the Bulls. This year’s squad has a total of nine seniors that were recognized: Jacob Hill, Jack Nolting, Ian Flores, JP Torres, Jackson Trudel, Ryan Al Katib, Nate Kotlyn, Royce Luedde, and Thami Ettouati.

Senior defender, Nate Kotlyn, as he crosses a low driven ball into the box.

Head Coach, David Wilson, is proud of these nine players.

“This is a great group of young men both on and off the field. Although we will have new players next year, we can not replace these 9 as far as the level of play, attitude and commitment,” Wilson commented.

Senior defender, Royce Luedde received match ball for his outstanding performance in the game, netting two goals and one assist. Leudde had nothing but positive thoughts about the game.

“It was a great night. The team played well and we stayed positive throughout the game. Overall, I could not have asked for anything else that night,” stated Luedde.

Along with Luedde, many players attributed to the win. Senior midfielder, Ian Flores, was a premier playmaker during the game. He nabbed two assists and leads the team in assists.

Senior midfielder, Ian Flores prepares to take a free kick just outside the box.

“For me, it’s better to assist. I’d rather set up my teammates and have them enjoy scoring,” remarked Flores.

This game leads into the district playoffs and Coach Wilson knows what the team needs to fix heading into districts.

“This game had a playoff type atmosphere since it was for the conference championship. The boys knew it was a big game and mentally they had to be ready. The attitude we took in to the game is what we need for the district playoffs and it gave us a great idea of how we needed to be prepared physically and mentally for post season,” Wilson explains.