Florida State Fair coming in February

https://goo.gl/images/eX5Xod

The Florida State Fair has many rides and fun games.

In February 1977, the first fair was held at the Florida State Fairgrounds and this year will continue that tradition from February 7th to February 18th.

Monday through Thursdays (not including President’s Day) admission to the fair for adults is $11. For children, ages 6 to 11, it is $6 and children that are 5 and under are free. On Fridays through Sundays and President’s Day, admission for adults is $13. For children, ages 6-11, it is $7 and children 5 and under are free.

There are also discount days such as: “$2 Tuesday” on February 12th (pay $2 for admission and $2 for select rides, food, and games), “$5 Friday” on February 15th (pay $5 for admission after 5pm), “Fair Cares for the Hungry Day, Sponsored by Publix and Feeding Tampa Bay” on February 18th (donate 2 or more canned or non-perishable food items from Publix at the Fair and admission will be $5) and also “Student Day” on February 18th (students from Polk, Pinellas, Pasco, Sarasota, Hardee, Citrus, Highlands & Manatee county schools get in free with student ticket or student ID).

One of the giraffes at the Giraffic Exotic Menagerie Petting Zoo getting fed.
The Florida State Fair has many different fried foods.

The Florida State Fair continues to grow every year. Today, the 12-day event attracts up to 500,000 visitors. Among this year’s entertainment is: The Alley Cats, The All Star Stunt Dog Splash, the Budweiser Clydesdales, Bello Nock Super Stunt Show (as seen on America’s Got Talent), The Mr. Tommy Show, Hollywood Racing Pigs, and the Giraffic Exotic Menagerie Petting Zoo.

Senior, Nicole Cipollone went to the Florida State Fair last year.

“I loved the rides and it reminded me of my childhood when I was younger,” explained Cipollone.

Many people look forward to going to the fair for the food offered, and the Florida State Fair does not disappoint. They will have a very large variety of treats, including deep fried favorites like: Oreos, Twinkie’s, and strawberry shortcake.

“I can’t wait to eat all the fried foods like Oreos and funnel cake,” Junior Hannah Peterson said. “Last year they had fried Kool Aid!”

This is the schoolhouse. You can walk inside and see what it was like.

Cracker Country is Tampa’s only living history museum and is located on the Florida State Fairgrounds. During the fair, it is open until 6pm; it is not open daily to the public outside of the fair.

If you are interested in buying tickets for the Florida State Fair or want more information, visit the website.