All-Star Football

The All-Star football game, Pasco County East-West Classic, took place on December 8th at 7 p.m.

The East team was comprised of students from  Land O’ Lakes High School, Wiregrass Ranch High School (WRHS), Zephyrhills High School, Pasco High School, Bishop McLaughlin High School, and Zephyrhills Christian Academy. The West team was comprised of students from River Ridge High School, Ridgewood High School, Mitchell High School, Anclote High School, Hudson High School, Fivay High School, Gulf High School, and Sunlake High School.

Players from WRHS included: Ryan Scamardo, Jason Winston, Aaron Beardsley, Chris Faddoul, Matt Welsh, Dylan Bryan, and Ramon Rodriguez.

Nick Carroll, Zephyrhills head coach, explains the reason why the All-Star game was founded.

“We started a tradition,”explains Carroll. “It exposes Pasco County and we’re able to show the talent we do have, at different positions.”

The game is only for Senior football players and gives them one last chance to play and preform for college recruiters.

Tickets for the game were sold at the entrance for $10 and parking was $5. The West team won this year’s game with a score of 46-23.

After last year’s successful All-Star game game with almost 2,000 fans in attendance, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will soon organize an All-Star showcase game for other sports as well. The All-Star baseball game will be hosted in May 2017. To find more information about future All-Star games visit their website here.