Bulls on track

Bulls on Track wrist band that were given out during the first quarter to students who were on track.

This year, Wiregrass Ranch High School (WRHS) has given out “Bulls On Track” wristbands for students who are on the right path in both academics and discipline. To get the “Bulls On Track” wristband, you would need to show that you’ve been a model student through your attendance, GPA, and good discipline record.

Bulls pride wristband for each quarter for students who are on track.

These requirements entail having a 2.0 or higher GPA, less than 5 unexcused absences, no level 2 or 3 referrals on record, and no missing credits.

When you receive the wristband, you will be allowed privileges like eating lunch outside, having a free media pass, attending field trips or any extracurricular activities, free snack coupons, and have free access to select sporting events or games.

Other perks of receiving the wristband is that you also have a chance to win a free yearbook, homecoming tickets, prom tickets, WRHS Spirit Wear, a priority parking space, and other prizes as well.

This has the potential to motivate students to do better to earn these incentives.

The wristbands can be revoked if you receive a level 2 or 3 referral, let a friend use your wrist bands, or abuse or fail to follow the direction and policies of being an “On Track” bull.

I earned my Bulls On Track wristband and I find it very convenient. With the wristband, going to the media was much easier for me since I didn’t need to get a pass. I also got a free snack coupon recently for having a wristband.

The wristbands seem like a good idea because it is convenient for students to wear it and show to administrators to earn rewards. They also look pretty nice, and blend in with most outfits. I enjoy wearing mine.