A promising season for the Lady Bulls

The girls varsity soccer team is adding some young talent to the roster this year.

Senior+forward+Avery+Damjanovic+keeping+possession+of+the+ball+away+from+Anclote.+

Brian Parker

Senior forward Avery Damjanovic keeping possession of the ball away from Anclote.

The Wiregrass Ranch girls soccer team, as the reigning district champions, are hopeful to be even more successful this year. The Lady Bulls have added many new young faces to their roster, including five freshmen and five sophomores. Freshman’s Hannah Fulop, Emily Erker, and Ashtyn Warner have already made their way into the staring line-up a few games into the season.

Brian Parker
Junior defender Taylor Pryor taking a throw in for the Bulls.

“As a freshman on varsity there can be a lot of pressure to perform well compared to others,” Fulop stated. “The team is very supportive and willing to work for what we want, which as really inspired me to give everything I can to them when I am starting on the field.”

Senior captain Kylee Ehman is optimistic about what her young teammates will do for the program.

“Having this many freshmen on the team will help the teams development and chemistry for the next few years,” Ehman explained. “They are young but for upperclassman it is our job to make sure they develop because they are the future for Wiregrass soccer.”

The team is currently 4-0-1, defeating Zephryhills, Manatee, Cypress Creek, and Pasco High. The Bulls tied with Tampa Catholic after a scoreless game November 20th.

Head coach, Edwin Costa, is confident in the team this season.

“After tryouts, we realized we are going to field a young team but after a few weeks of training, the team started to gel,” Costa explained. “We are a very good technical team with tactical vision.”