Filed under Entertainment, Gaming

Jump Force: a game for all Anime fans

February 15th sees the release of the highly anticipated anime fighting game, Jump Force.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jump Force: a game for all Anime fans

Jump Force is exploding on to the fighting game scene with beloved anime characters.

Bandai Namco

Bandai Namco

Bandai Namco

Here’s an idea: let’s take the most beloved characters in anime, and incorporate them into a competent 3d fighting game. Sounds ingenious, right? Well, thanks to studio Bandai Namco, this idea has now become reality with their new game Jump Force. 

The first news fans got of Jump Force came at E3, with a bombastic trailer during the Microsoft conference setting the event on fire. For the first time since the universally panned J-Stars Victory VS, anime fans could finally duke it out with their favorite anime characters like Goku or Naruto. However, unlike its indirect predecessor, Jump Force is a 1v1 player experience akin to last year’s breakout 2d hit Dragon Ball FighterZ. Unlike this popular game however, Jump Force is not limited to 2d sprites, and as such characters can move freely around the different maps in all directions

One of the most pressing questions concerning this game is who will be included in the final roster. As of current, the game’s final roster has not been revealed; however, we have gotten numerous character announcements, from older classic characters like Yu Yu Hakusho’s Yusuke Urameshi or Rurouni Kenshin’s Himura Kenshin, as well as newer characters like Izuku Midoriya of My Hero Academia and Asta from Black Clover. 

Image taken of Deku from My Hero Academia in Jump Force.

Bandai Namco is aware of the competitive nature that will surround this game, and has smartly marketed it as a primarily multiplayer game. However, there’s also a story mode included which will include Death Note’s nefarious protagonist, Light Yagami, as a support character of sorts. However, as far as we can tell, this appears to be one of the weaker aspects of the game.

In terms of character customization, Jump Force has plenty of costumes, items, and moves for created players that’s sure to please the fans of every franchise. Dressing up as your favorite Strawhat or slamming opponents with a Rasengan is sure to be an experience fans have waited forever for.

Image from Jump Force showcasing character customization.

Jump Force recently ran an open beta where players could choose from a limited roster of characters and test out the game’s mechanics prior to the game’s release. Players in particular were a fan of Bleach’s Ichigo Kurosaki and Kenshin’s gameplay, as they were easiest to control.

Overall, Jump Force is a game you should certainly look into if you’re a fan of anime.

Promotional image taken of Naruto Uzumaki in Jump Force.

About the Writer
Stephen White II, Entertainment Editor

Stephen White II is a senior at Wiregrass Ranch High School. This is his second year writing for The Stampede. He likes to listen to music as well as write...