Wiregrass marching band closes out competition season

Jasmine Abdel

Band director Patrick Duncan and staff member Justin Baggett with some of the band members

Collin Pentifallo, Writer

The Wiregrass marching band has performed well this year and continued to do so at the state competition on November 16th, placing 6th overall.

The Marching Bulls band have shown their strength at other competitions throughout the year, including a 1st place finish.

“We have had a wonderful competitive year thus far. We have attended 3 competitions, where we placed 1st overall at one, 4th overall out of 26 at the second, and 2nd overall out of 24 at the third. Along with that, the Marching Bulls earned straight superior ratings at our annual district assessment,” band director Patrick Duncan commented.

Performers during the semifinals show

For a lot of band members, including the director, this was their last time performing for Wiregrass.

“It’s a bittersweet feeling. I am so proud of our students and our families for what the have been able to accomplish since we started this journey. I enjoyed everything about our final day together,” Duncan commented.

Leading up to competition season, the Marching Bulls were practicing 5-6 days a week, including a Saturday practice from 12pm-8pm.

“We practiced a lot to make sure we were ready for out last competition and I think finishing 6th is a good way to end the season,” junior Ashley Landry said.

The Wiregrass Marching Bulls had the best that the school has ever had and they expect to do even better in the coming years.